Thursday, June 7, 2007

Update, CT Layout & My Very First Freebie!!

Sorry I have been MIA...it has been very busy in my house. Both of my boys have had baseball games and practices, housework, CT duties, and I have been busy making some new freebies.


I finished a CT Layour for Candy Cook with her Cherry Pie Kit. It inspired me to get going on a project from a couple of months ago, which I will explain below.

Here is my layout:





My Gallery at ScrapDigiStyle.com



Ok, so anyway, a while back I purchased this cute little tin that I found in the sewing department of Wal Mart. I purchased it with the intent of using it for a recipe box, that I would decorate and fill full of yummy recipes. Yeah well it has been sitting up on a shelf for a little while, LOL!! I am sure they carry these state wide . Here is what mine looks like:






Well with the tin in mind, I started making some 5 1/2 X 4 1/2 Recipe Cards to fit. It has a recipe card, three tabbed dividers and a label. I decided to offer it as a freebie as long as you guys give me some feedback. Constructive criticism is appreciated also, LOL. But be nice this is my first freebie/design. :)




Download has Expired


All I ask is that you leave me some love!! If you use these in a layout or a project leave me a comment with your gallery link so that I can view it. TFL!!

9 comments:

Julie P. (babyofmine) said...

Thank you! :D

Anonymous said...

that is way way cute!! Love the freebie! Awesome job girl and I so hear ya on it's been busy! :)

Anonymous said...

These are so cute. Thank you for creating it for us. I'm going to have to look for a tin like that. That would be a great wedding gift!

Anonymous said...

What a fun freebie! I've been wanting to do some cards this size for recipes and in a box photo album. Thanks so much.

Shell said...

That tin is so cute & what a great idea to turn it into a recipe box. Your cards are cute also cant wait to use them. Thanks so much!

Anonymous said...

TFS Trace ! This will work perfectly to replace my old cracked plastic recipe box. Cute ideat ! : )

Anonymous said...

TFS ! This will work perfectly to replace my old, cracked plastic recipe box. Very cute idea ! : )

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this great recipe set. I have this same box and am doing up a recipe box My son is getting married this fall and I am going to have a reicpe shower for him and his new bride to be by sending out recipe cards to family & friends to put their favorite recipes on to give to them. Just did this for my niece and she and her new hubby loved it and so did the people that participated. Great fun! Thanks again!

Myxi said...

I love this. I don't have the tin, but I'm sure gonna go to Wal-Mart and find one, I hope. This will replace my 2 full metal tins. Both were from back in the 60's and the brads that hold the lids on have come off :( One was my Mom's recipe file, and the other was from my 8th grade Home Economics class..lol. Thank you for the cards!